Non-NHS Services

Some services you may require are not covered by the National Health Service. These include certain certificates, examinations for fitness to participate in sports, pre–employment examinations, those for elderly drivers and HGV/PSV licences. Some immunisations for foreign travel are not covered by the NHS.

It is important to remember that many GPs are not employed by the NHS.

They are self employed and they have to cover their costs - staff, buildings etc. - in the same way as any small business.  The NHS covers these costs for NHS work but for non NHS work, the fees charged by GPs contribute towards these costs.

The government's contract with GPs covers medical services to NHS patients including the provision of on-going medical treatment. In recent years however more and more organisations have been involving doctors in a whole range of non-medical work.

Medical forms and letters can take up to 6 weeks to be completed. In order to complete a form or letter the doctor might have to check a patients full record. and this can take time to ensure it is accurate and this has to be done outside their NHS work.

The reception staff should be able to advise you about the fee, based on the British Medical Association scale. A list of the commoner fees is displayed at reception. We are also able to offer this service to patients who are not registered with our practice.

We can accept cash or cheques.

We are fortunate to have a private physiotherapy clinic working within the surgery :

The Clinic (physiotherapy) tel 07957 208641


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website